How to Create Beautiful Rainbow Hair with Hair Chalk.
For those bored of run-of-the-mill hair colors, for the daredevils, for those who just want to add a touch of funkines to their hair and life, Openflea is here with the latest trend – Hair Chalking!
For those who haven’t seen it around, here are some beautiful examples of hair chalking done well.
Gorgeous isn’t it? :D This hair chalking trend is not just for the ladies too. Many guys have taken it up and given themselves pastel hair for the day. Check this out. http://bit.ly/LPodkj
There are two methods of achieving this gorgeous hair. The first method is dip dying, and the second method is hair chalking. Dip dying is costs more and lasts up to several months from application.
For those who want the liberty of experimenting with different colors multiple times, or even for working adults who want to let loose during weekends, hair chalking is the answer! It washes off normally with shampoo once you’re done with it.
All it requires is a few soft chalk in your favourite colors, a heating iron/curler, spray bottle and you’re good to go!
Firstly, you have to decide what hair color you want!
We recommend a pretty rainbow gradient like below. It’ll be slightly more difficult to accomplish but oh so pretty!
On dark-colored hair, pick brighter and more vibrant color for it to show up better. On lighter-colored hair, soft pastels work wonders for an angelic look.
Here’s a simple step by step summary of how to diy your hair for pretty colors!
1. Take a small section of your hair.
2. Apply whichever chalk color you choose on your wet hair generously. Ensure that your hair is wet when chalking. Use a spray bottle to wet it easily. Twist your hair section as you go along, so that more of the color pigments catches on.
3. Use the heating tool (an iron or curler) on these sections of hair to set the color. Be careful not to tug on it! Some of the pigments may fall off as you do so but that’s normal. :)
4. Repeat 1-3 on the same section of your hair if you want to get a really pigmented, vibrant color. For rainbow gradients, repeat step 1-3 on subsequent sections of your hair like the second image below.
And that’s it! You should be able to see the results immediately. :D
For the girls who do better with visual aids, here’s a video we found on Youtube that we’d like to share. It’s really clear and helpful!
Share with us how your hair turns out after DIY-ing on our Facebook page or in the comments below! If you’ve taken a picture of your attempt and want to share it with the rest, include your blog and picture in your comment and we’ll share it for you. :)
Before we end, here’s another good news. If you want to play with hair chalk and recreate your own pastel hair, you’ll be able to purchase the soft chalks at Openflea.com for a limited time. We brought it in specially for you!
Try it with a best friend, sister or on your boyfriend! If you’re not a member already, drop your email here to be notified of the sale. <3
- After you’re done with coloring/curling your hair, doubly set the hair color by using a hair spray! It lasts all day, minimizes the stray pigments from rainbow-ing your clothes, and gives it a pretty shine.
Beauty Department - http://bit.ly/MHwSVe
and many other creative internet hair chalk users. <3